Where there is no vision, the people perish.
Let vision come and insight.
Let the future stand revealed.
Let inner union demonstrate and outer cleavages be gone.
Let love prevail. Let all people love.
Agni Yoga in the Time of Chaos
- Profound attentiveness: revealing the inner (symbolic) meaning hidden in outer circumstances. VISION.
- Serene expectancy: mitigating the anxiety associated with the uncertainty of unpredictability. CALMNESS.
- Perfect adaptability: minimizing personal resistance in facing events beyond individual control. INTELLIGENCE.
SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19
- The esoteric community carries the responsibility to lead others to the light and to do its part in reducing the pandemic’s harm. Being mindful of the risks to themselves, and to others, should rank very high in their priorities. Mindfulness — an essential element of Agni Yoga — is, after all, the new Fiery Yoga of Synthesis to be practiced by the New Group of World Servers (NGWS).
- The esoteric community also carries the responsibility to lead others in the use of the Technique of Light to dissipate the glamor of fear, and the Technique of Indifference to devitalize the maya of “worry and irritation.” This latter, we are told, “lowers the vitality of the man to such a point that he becomes susceptible to disease. The scourge of influenza has its roots in fear and worry… They are so highly infectious from the astral point of view that they lower in a peculiar manner the astral atmosphere, and thus make it hard for people—in the astral sense—to breathe freely. Because the astral conditions of fear, worry and irritation are so widespread today that they might be regarded as epidemic, in a planetary sense.” (see AAB-DK quotes, below)
- DISCERNMENT is of the essence at this crucial juncture. There is a war going on. First and foremost, it is a war against the TRUTH. The COVID-19 epidemic is but a physical expression of this underlying cause. The One Humanity needs to redeem the Good, the Beautiful and the True. And there is a Way of Life and Truth to lead us forth. “I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life,” we have been told. It is time to heed His words. It is time to BE these words. To truly know is to be.
- Stephen Hawking has coined the phrase: “intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” Yes, indeed! But this rational intelligence is blind, as blind as a computer groping for answers. Artificial (rational) intelligence is unable to DISCERN which is the right question. Powerful computers can emulate this intelligence but can never enact the intuitive sense.
- Rational intelligence is necessary, but not sufficient, to successfully wage and win this war. The Light of the INTUITION must guide us too. The conscious members of the New Group of World Servers must lead the way in the skillful use of this nascent sense of VISION, here and now. Like the mind to the brain, the NGWS is the link between the spiritual Hierarchy and rational Humanity. Let us apply ourselves to the task:
- Listen. Touch. See. Apply. Know.
- Know. Express. Reveal. Destroy. Resurrect.
Summit was commissioned by the US Department of Energy in 2014 for the purpose it’s serving now — solving the world’s problems.
The world’s fastest supercomputer (Summit) identified chemicals that could stop coronavirus from spreading, a crucial step toward a vaccine
The most powerful computers on the planet
Summit and Sierra, supercomputers at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, are now ranked the #1 and #2 fastest computers. They are helping us model supernovas, pioneer new materials and explore cancer, genetics and the environment — using technologies available to all businesses.
The Mind was commissioned by the Lords of the Flame, 18 millions ago, for the purpose of implementing the Will of God on Earth, the Purpose which the Masters know and serve.
Technique of the Presence (Agni Yoga)
A. Three preliminary steps. Fire is the symbol of the mind and these are the first three stages of the Agni Yoga discipline or of the yoga of fire for which Raja Yoga has prepared the student.
- PROFOUND ATTENTIVENESS, the evocation of the stage of spiritual “tension.”
- ADAPTABILITY of the Soul-infused Personality (Natural Intelligence).
- SERENE EXPECTANCY.
B. Next stages in the Technique [these must be thoroughly understood and form the basis of prolonged brooding and intelligent reflection, carried on whilst the daily avocations and duties are being performed and not carried out at certain set times. The trained intuitive or disciple lives ever the dual life of mundane activity and of intense and simultaneous spiritual reflection…This is a suggestive formula for a more advanced meditation attitude, not form].
-  The (Monadic) Presence. Definite and sustained effort to sense the (Monadic) Presence throughout the Universe in all forms and in all presentations of truth.This could be expressed in the words: “the effort to isolate the germ or seed of divinity which has brought all forms into being”… the effort primarily to see in the light which the Angel radiates the point of light behind all phenomenal appearances.
-  Intuiting the Purpose. Having sensed the (Monadic) Presence – not theoretically but in vibrating response to its Existence – next comes the stage of the ascertaining of the Purpose, the effort to achieve an understanding of that which through the medium of form is seeking to embody the high purpose at any particular point in the evolutionary cycle.
-  The triple light of the intuition. To carry some world problem, some design which has evolved in the mind or the heart of the disciple for the helping of humanity, into what is esoterically called “the triple light of the intuition.” This light is formed by the blending of the light of the personal self, focused in the mind, the light of the soul, focused in the Angel, and the universal light which the Presence emits.
AAB-DK quotes on epidemics
EP II 547: Contagious diseases (epidemic or endemic) which are of group origin and involve the man as a part of his group karma, but are quite frequently unrelated to his personal karma.
EH 18: Infections coming to a man from outside and not as the result of his own peculiar blood condition. Such infections are the various so-called infectious and contagious diseases, and prevalent epidemics. These may come to a man in the line of duty, through his daily contacts, or through a widespread condition of disease in his environment.
EH 25: It might be stated as a basic generalisation that personal physical trouble has its seat at present in the emotional body, and that that vehicle of expression is the one predominant predisposing agent in the ill health of the individual, just as group ills and the sweep of epidemics of any kind through the masses are founded in some condition in the etheric substance of the planet. Those diseases which are general, national, racial and planetary find their way to an individual via his etheric body, but are not so personal in their implications.
EH: Worry and Irritation are dangerous because:
- They lower the vitality of the man to such a point that he becomes susceptible to disease. The scourge of influenza has its roots in fear and worry, and once the world settles down to freedom from the present “fearful” condition, we shall see the disease die out.
- They are so highly infectious from the astral point of view that they lower in a peculiar manner the astral atmosphere, and thus make it hard for people—in the astral sense—to breathe freely.
- Because the astral conditions of fear, worry and irritation are so widespread today that they might be regarded as epidemic, in a planetary sense.
- Because irritation (I speak not here of worry) is inflammatory in its effects—and inflammation is hard to bear—and leads to much difficulty. It is interesting to note that certain forms of eye trouble are caused by this.[Page 71]
- Because worry and irritation prevent true vision. They shut out the view. The man who is the victim of these conditions sees nothing but the cause of his complaints and is so submerged through self-pity, self-consideration, or in a focussed negative condition, that his vision is narrowed, and his group hindered. Remember that there is group selfishness as well as individual selfishness.
EH 274: … the condition of the etheric body predisposes the subject to disease or protects it from disease, making man resistant to the impact of deteriorating or epidemic factors, or failing to do so because of inherent etheric weakness.
EH 301: THE SEVEN RAY CAUSES OF KARMA. The Seven Ray Causes of Inharmony and Disease.
Ray IV. “The Great One fought and entered into combat. All that He met appeared to Him a subject for display of power. Within the fourth He found a field of battle and settled down to fight. He saw the right and knew the wrong and vibrated between the two, fighting first one and then the other, but missing all the time that midway point where battle is not known. There harmony, ease, rest and peaceful silence will be found. He weakened all the forms which used His strength and power. Yet all the time He sought for beauty; searched for loveliness; and yearned for peace. Despair overtook Him in His courses, and with despair the will-to-live could not survive. Yet all the time the loveliness was there.”
Here we have a strong indication as to the reason why humanity (the fourth kingdom in nature) succumbs with such rapidity and such ease to disease. The conflicts to which humanity is so constantly summoned, both in group form and as individuals, lead—until understood and used as a means to triumph and progress—to a condition of constant devitalisation. Where this is present, resistance to disease fades out and practically all forms of ill health and bodily ills become possible. Diffusion of energy leads to a constant lessening of this resistance. As a result you have debility, quick and bad reaction to the disease indigenous in the planet itself, and a rapid taking on of infections and of contagious diseases. It is this energy which lies behind what we call epidemics, and influenza is one of its main expressions.
EH: The Fundamental Laws of Healing.
Law V. There is naught but energy, for God is Life. Two energies meet in man, but other five are present. For each is to be found a central point of contact. The conflict of these energies with forces and of forces twixt themselves produce the bodily ills of man. The conflict of the first and second persists for ages until the mountaintop is reached—the first great mountain top. The fight between the forces produces all disease, all ills and bodily pain which seek release in death. The two, the five and thus the seven, plus that which they produce, possess the secret. This is the fifth law of healing within the world of form.
There is also a secret meaning here which relates to the seven rays as they express themselves in the human kingdom; the knowledge of this secret enables a Master to control epidemics and widespread diseases; with this you are not at this time concerned. Incidentally, the relative freedom from the plagues and epidemics which usually follow in the wake of war has been partly due to the use of this sevenfold knowledge by the Hierarchy, plus the scientific knowledge of humanity itself.
In this connection also (and I mention it simply from the angle of its interest) there are two hierarchical officials—[Page 599] the Mahachohan and His Representative upon the seventh ray—Who are today in possession of this secret in its entirety, and They are aided by five other Masters in applying the gained knowledge. These five Masters are working primarily with the deva evolution, and this is, as you know, connected with form, and in this particular case with the healing devas. These seven Members of the Hierarchy are aided in Their turn by one of the Buddhas of Activity, and also by the representative of the Spirit of the Earth. This again makes the two, the five, and then the seven—a different enumeration, and one which when brought together equals nine, which is the number of initiation. This numerical relationship brings man to the point where he is “initiated into the realm of perfection and knows no further aches or pains, and his mind is thus deflected from that which is below to that which is above.”
I have mentioned this phase of mankind’s relation to the subject of health so as to show you how subtle and esoteric are the matters with which we are dealing, and so give to the individual patient a sense of proportion, where his bodily ills or even his death are concerned.
Certain healers—few and far between—who have set up a relation with the spirit of the earth, the Ruler of all the lunar lords. Under certain formulas and given a certain amount of practice, these healers can invoke his aid and—in fact—command it. I do not advise any interested student to ponder overmuch along this line or to endeavour to set up a contact or to invoke his aid. Only initiates of high degree can deal safely with this powerful involutionary Elemental; they do so [Page 647] only in connection with epidemics and international catastrophes such as the world war, in which thousands and thousands of bodies were involved. An individual not highly developed who endeavoured to establish rapport would probably only succeed in stimulating the lunar lords of his own little system to such an extent that his lower nature would be unduly energised—sometimes even to the point of death.
R&I: One of the purposes lying behind the present holocaust (World War II) has been the necessity for the [Page 76] destruction of inadequate forms. This destruction could have been brought about by an act of God, such as a great natural catastrophe or a universal epidemic, and such had been the original intention. Humanity was, however, swept by forces that carried in themselves the seeds of destruction, and there was that in humanity which responded to those forces. Therefore, the Law of destruction was permitted to work through humanity itself, and men are now destroying the forms through which many masses of men are functioning. This is both a good and a bad thing, viewed from the evolutionary angle. It is nevertheless a fact which cannot be gainsaid, and the problem, therefore, confronting the Custodians of the Will, working through the Custodians of the Plan, is to bring good out of the evil which man has wrought, and thus gear events to the larger issues.
The power of goodwill
EH 108: By the development of goodwill, which is the will of good intention and motive, will come the healing of diseases of the respiratory tract, lungs and throat, the stabilising of the cells of the brain, the cure of insanities and obsessions, and an attainment of equilibrium and of rhythm. Longevity will ensue, for death should be the recognition by the soul of work consummated and pralaya earned. It will only take place later at long and separated periods, and will be controlled by the will of the man. He will cease to breathe when he has finished his work, and then will send the atoms of his body into pralaya. That is the sleep of the physical, the end of manifestation, and the occult significance of this is not yet comprehended.
The Three Techniques to Dispel Illusion,
Dissipate Glamour and Devitalize Maya
GWP 172: We shall in this section deal with techniques, and these might be summarised as follows:
- The Technique of the Presence. By means of this technique, the soul assumes control of the integrated personality and of its relations, horizontal and vertical. This technique involves the unfolding of the flower of the intuition, dispelling illusion, revealing the Angel, indicating the Presence, and opening up to the disciple the world of ideas and the door of the higher initiations. Through the disciple’s grasp and application of these divine ideas or seed thoughts, he becomes initiate and the third initiation becomes possible as an immediate goal. The intuition is the applied power of transfiguration. This technique is related to the little known yoga called Agni Yoga or the yoga of fire.
- The Technique of Light. By means of this technique, the illumined mind assumes control over the astral or emotional body and dissipates glamour. When light pours in, glamour fades out. Illumination dominates and the vision [Page 172] of reality can be seen. This technique is related to Raja Yoga and its goal is the second initiation; it produces ability to tread the Path of Discipleship, and enables the man to “live a life, enlightened by divinity.” Illumination is the applied power of transformation.
- The Technique of Indifference. By means of this technique, maya is ended; for the control of the purified astral vehicle is consciously and technically brought into activity, producing the freeing of the energies of the etheric body from the control of matter or force-substance, and bringing men in large numbers on to the Probationary Path. Where there is “divine indifference” to the call or pull of matter, then inspiration becomes possible. This technique is related to Karma Yoga in its most practical form and the use of matter with complete impersonality. The goal of this technique is the first initiation, which enables man to “live a life, inspired by God.” Inspiration is the applied power of transmission.
[JB] Preparedness planning is essential to mitigate the impact of any chaotic contingency, such as the COVID-19 pandemic. The importance of planning is underscored in the Second Hint given by the Master D.K. as part of His Teachings on Initiation in the book Discipleship in the New Age (volume II).
[DINA II, 302 (Hint #2)] That human planning and thinking, as the future is faced, are the first indications in the history of mankind of the emergence of the will aspect. Can you answer the question: Why is this indicated? … A hint ever evokes a question, and it is in the answering of these questions that the disciples learn and eventually become Masters.
[DINA II, 350] Evidence of the growth of the human intellect along the needed receptive lines can be seen in the “planning” of the various nations, and in the efforts of the United Nations to formulate a world plan which will eventuate in peace, security and right human relations.
- The great changes being brought about in the Hierarchy, and in order to make the work of the New Age adequate and to establish a closer rapport with Shamballa, have been the result of the work done by the working disciples of the world.
- Human planning and thinking, as the future is faced, are the first indications in the history of mankind of the emergence of the will aspect.
- Disciples in all Ashrams have the task of “modifying, qualifying, and adapting the divine plan.”
- The initiate knows because he works.
- A key to the correct interpretation of a hint lies in its association with the idea of direction in time and space.
- The disciple must recognise the hint which is related to his point in consciousness.
You now have six hints which can be summed up for you in the form of questions, addressed personally to you and to no one else; they require your personal application, understanding and reply:
- How have I, as a disciple of D.K., contributed to the work of inducing the Hierarchy to make certain needed changes where the task of influencing humanity is concerned? This would involve a high-powered livingness.
- Is the Will aspect in my life beginning to create situations which are related to the hierarchical Plan which I—as a disciple—must follow? This would involve a careful construction of the antahkarana.
- In what way have I cooperated with the Plan in order to have “modified, qualified and adapted it” to meet the need I see? This would involve careful soul-personality cooperation.
- As I work, do I see an increasing vision of divine intention, and do I know practically more than I did? This would involve occult obedience in its true sense.
- Do I work with an inner programme, and are my thoughts and activities rightly directed? This would involve the dual life of the disciple and correct orientation.[Page 343]
- Do I recognise in the life-training which I am receiving preparatory steps for initiation, and the possibility of impending revelation? This would involve constant ashramic contact.
These hints are therefore intended for the guidance of the disciple in training.
Seventh hint: One of the marks of readiness for initiation is the ability to see the expanding and inclusive Whole, and to note the law which is transcended when the part becomes the Whole. (387-388)
Rules on Group Initiation
Listen…Know. [To listen is to OBEY, thus we KNOW]
Touch….Express. [To touch is to SENSE, thus we EXPRESS]
See……Reveal. [To see is to ENLIGHTEN, thus we REVEAL]
Apply….Destroy. [To apply is to RENT, thus we DESTROY (the veils of Maya)]
Know…..Resurrect. [To know is to BE, thus we RESURRECT: transfigured and transformed]
[R&I 280] To the initiate, therefore, the two words, Transfiguration and Transformation, mean something quite different than they mean to a disciple, whilst Transmutation is now meaningless to him, for there is nothing within him which requires transmuting. It might consequently be stated that:
Transmutation concerns the expression of the life force upon the three lower planes of human living and evolution.
Transformation concerns in a most peculiar manner the three aspects of mind upon the mental plane:
- The lower mind
- The son of mind, the soul
- The higher mind.
Transfiguration concerns the life of the Spiritual Triad upon its own three levels of identification.
[MDR] Our world is in a predictable crisis. [emphasis mine]
[JB] Unpredictably deterministic chaos: “When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future” (Lorentz). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory
Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially
If the number of cases were to continue to double every three days, there would be about a hundred million cases in the United States by May. That is math, not prophecy.
Leonard Cohen – Anthem (w/lyrics) London 2008
Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That’s how the light gets in.
Let LIGHT stream forth!
Let LOVE stream forth!
May LIGHT and LOVE and POWER
Restore the PLAN