Higher Interlude Keynote: The Plan [unveiled at the Festival of Goodwill, to be implemented throughout the rest of the spiritual year] is the Son-Daughter of the (active) Will of the Father [in custody at EASTER] and the (latent) Purpose of the (redeemed) Mother [registered at WESAK].
- Easter: I come forth, and from the plane of mind, I rule.
- Wesak: I see, and when the eye is opened, all is light.
- Goodwill: I recognize my other self and in the waning of that self, I grow and glow.
Fundamental Law of Motion:
The Will is Motion and Every Motion is an Act of Will
Classical mechanics: I come forth, and from the plane of mind, I rule.
- The First Law of Motion states, “A body at rest will remain at rest, and a body in motion will remain in motion unless it is acted upon by an external force.”
- The Second Law of Motion describes what happens to a massive body when it is acted upon by an external force. It states, “The force acting on an object is equal to the mass of that object times its acceleration.”
- The Third Law of Motion states, “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.” This law describes what happens to a body when it exerts a force on another body.
Relativistic correction factor:
I see, and when the eye is opened, all is LIGHT.
Light -finite but unbounded- has no speed.
The distinction between the past, present and future
is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.Albert Einstein
The Lightness of Being
[JB: on INTEGRATING (past and future into the present) TIME]
- Relax and focus yourself in the soul [JB: I am the Thinker. I think, therefore I am.].
- Then sound the O.M., “making sound from within,” breathing it out worldwide as you inaudibly realize its meaning: “The will of God moves the world.”
[JB: the sounding Will implementing the Plan from the listened Purpose]
[JB: the antahkarana as the ultimate Will Project]
- Then ponder upon the significance of time as an expression of the will, realising that this expression is a thought—instantaneous and effective—in the mind of the planetary Logos. Think out carefully some of the implications of this last statement.
- Then say slowly and thoughtfully:
The past has gone. I am that past. It makes me what I am.
The future comes. I also am the coming destiny and, therefore, I am that.
The present flows from out the past. The future colours that which is.
I make the future also by my present knowledge of the past and the beauty of the present.
And, therefore, I am that I am.
- Sound the O.M. softly three times.
A Formula of Initiation
- I AM THAT which transmutes knowledge [linear MOTION, instantaneous change] into WISDOM [general patterns, time cycles] within a flash of TIME [duration=scalar of the time vector].
- I AM THAT which transforms sensitivity [E-MOTION, the Science of the Emotions] into LOVE within an area [surface] of SPACE.
- I AM THAT which transfigures sacrifice into BLISS where neither time nor space exists. [MOTIONLESSNESS of Being resurrected from its crucifixion in time and matter].
Love [in Space] is the [hidden] relativistic correction/adjustment factor operating in the causal Laws of Motion [Becoming] as we live and move and have our being within the ring-pass-not of this Universe [of Light and Love].
[Timeless] Wisdom is the Light framing our evolving consciousness (the light within the Light) as we move from the unreal to the Real, from darkness to Light and from death to Immortality.
I am THAT I am: the Way [of the Real], the [Light of the] Truth and the [immortal] Life of Being.
Space-Time of the Three Spiritual Festivals
of the Higher Interlude of the Spiritual Year
Easter: to Will (focused Intention)
Wesak: to Know (the Purpose that informs the Plan)
Goodwill: to Dare (the Initiate knows because he works) and thus Serve (the Plan of Light and Love)
The HIGHER SELF is:
- Will (Atma)
- Reason (Buddhi), and
- Understanding (Manas)
The Central Ideas of Psycho-synthesis
- Synthesis (Will to Synthesis),
- Evolution of Consciousness, and
- Transformation of Energy.
Assagioli identified the Transpersonal Will, and three major aspects of the fully developed personal will (the strong will (Ray 1), the skillful will (Ray 3), the good will (Ray 2).
- 1-5: Strong (dynamic, determined, decisive, resolute, courageous, daring, intense, focused)
- 2-4-6: Good (loving, kind, synthetic, integrating, enduring, persistent, courageous, daring)
- 3-7: Skillful (intelligent, disciplined, restrained, timely, patient, organizing)
The will is not merely assertive, aggressive, and controlling. There is the accepting will, yielding will, the dedicated will. You might say that there is a feminine polarity to the will – the willing surrender, the joyful acceptance.
[JB] The proposed journey needs a psychological frame of reference and the means and methods to achieve the healing goal of The proposed journey needs a psychological frame of reference and the means and methods to achieve the healing goal of PSYCHOSYNTHESIS.
I. A psychological frame of reference (“Egg Diagram”)
- A. The personal self
- B. The Transpersonal Self
- C. The Superconscious
II. The means: the will (source of power to transform energy).
- A. Disidentification (the will to withdraw attention)
- B. Synthesis (the will to integrate and fuse)
- C. Guided imagination and visualization exercises (the will to identify with transpersonal archetypes)
According to Assagioli, the qualities of the will are:
- Energy—Dynamic Power—Intensity
- Concentration—OnePointedness—Attention— Focus
- Determination—Decisiveness—Resoluteness— Promptness
[JB] Seven aspects of love
- Infinite (in time)
- Indivisible (compassionate)
- Unconditional (boundless in space)
- Harmonious (right relations)
- Wise (intelligent)
- Devoted (loyal)
- Well-tempered (adjusted to the need)
Seven aspects of intelligence
- Synthetic (of opposites)
- Factual (memory)
- Focusing (one-pointed)
- Organic (adaptable organization)